Did you know more than 70% of people don’t maintain a hygienic dental care routine for their dogs? As a result, most of the dogs breathe badly. Sometimes, it’s so bad that it can wake the dead. However, it is – the best quality dog treats can remedy bad breath.
Dog owners widely use dog treats for different purposes. Dog owners use it to teach them tricks and behaviour, prevent bad breath, clean the mouth, and maintain a healthy diet. But today’s topic is about the best dog treats for bad breath.
You can get easy homemade dog treats for bad breath or prepared dog treats from different shops. Most of the owners purchase them as they are made with accurate measurements of different healthy ingredients. Plus, they are generally tastier and comes with lots of flavors. So recently, we have done a survey and found ten effective dog treats for bad breath.
You may wonder how did we rank them? We have researched over 300 products and chosen only 50. Then we reviewed customers’ reviews and ratings. Finally, we consulted with some veterinarians and ranked ten products. Now it’s time to share our list with you. So, let’s dog in.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Picks of Best Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.1 Greenies Natural Dental Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.2 Pedigree Dentastix Fresh Treats for Large Dogs
- 1.3 Old Mother Hubbard Healthy Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.4 Arm & Hammer Soft Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.5 Ark Naturals Natural Dental Chews for Dogs
- 1.6 Purina DentaLife Adult Dental Dog Chew Treats
- 1.7 Blue Buffalo Dental Chew Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.8 Purina DentaLife Mini Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 1.9 Jack & Pup Odor Free Bully Sticks Dog Treats
- 1.10 Dingo Healthy Dog Treats For Bad Breath
- 2 Things You Should Know Before Buying
- 3 Recipes For Dog Treats
- 4 Bottom Line
Our Picks of Best Dog Treats For Bad Breath
Greenies Natural Dental Dog Treats For Bad Breath
Look after your dog’s dental health using these dog treats from Greenies. The product especially works against tartar and plaque. As they are so delicious, your dog will never squint at you chewing the treats.
Rich in vitamins and minerals, the treats improve a dog’s overall health. The treats are made of soluble ingredients. So, no worries about digestion. Finally, the product exceeds VOHV certification that ensures overall safety.
- Each product contains 36 regular size dog treats (36 ounces)
- Prevents bad dog breathing.
- Contains natural nutrients along with vitamins and minerals.
- Safe for dogs and easy to digest.
- Recommend by veterinarians.
Pedigree Dentastix Fresh Treats for Large Dogs
Meet with another best dog treat for bad breath. These treats are very effective for keeping your dog’s teeth and gumline clean and preventing a bad smell. The treats also fight against tartar and plaque.
Happy to know the treats are available in 5 different flavors. Each package comes with 28 large size treats. They are approaching for dogs over 30 lbs. So, main your doggy’s healthy mouth using these tasty treats.
- The product contains 28 large size treats of 1.52 lbs each.
- Let your dog breathing fresh and taste delicious treats.
- Works great against tartar build-up and plaque.
- The treats come with an X-shaped design.
- Appropriate for dogs over 30 pounds.
Old Mother Hubbard Healthy Dog Treats For Bad Breath
Let’s meet with the all-natural dog’s treat from Old Mother Hubbard Mother’s Solutions. Well, these dogs’ food is made of a hundred percent all-natural ingredients, and it tastes excellent. Besides, these yummy biscuit is very crunchy and it gives a minty fresh breath too.
The manufacturing company uses peanut butter, fruits, and vegetables. Also, these slow oven-baked snacks are low in fat and high in daily nutrition. Additionally, it ensures a healthy diet that boosts its positive reinforcement.
- This dog treat is good for your dog’s hip and joint.
- It ensures the dog’s mint fresh breath.
- This treat comes with two size packs of 20 ounces and 3.3 lbs.
- It is suggested for adult dogs only.
- Biscuits come in 3 different sizes.
Arm & Hammer Soft Dog Treats For Bad Breath
If you have to close your nose before taking your doggo’s kisses, then it’s an irony. Arm & Hammer Twisters Dental Treats are here to help you. These treats come with a mint flavor that vanishes your buddy’s bad breath.
In this treat, the main ingredients are baking soda and peppermint. Baking soda kills the bacteria which form bad odor in dog’s mouth and cleans their mouth. Mint flavor adds fresh breath. Not only this, for baking soda, your dog will have brighter teeth.
- As the treats are twisted shaped when dogs chew the treats, it reaches all the teeth, mouth, and gum areas to clean dirt.
- When a dog chews the treat, its harsh scrunchy outside part of the treat helps to scrub the plaque and tartar.
- The treat is made with all-natural ingredients as well as various vitamins.
- It has a chicken flavor, so the dog will for sure enjoy the treat.
- Any kind of dog can digest the treat very easily.
Ark Naturals Natural Dental Chews for Dogs
The next item is from the Ark Naturals. At first, I want to mention that these chews are highly recommended by the vet and also an award-winning one. This herbal chew helps to prevent bad breath and creating any teeth or gum problems.
The outside green scrunchy part helps to scrub away the tartar and plaque from teeth and the inside white paste part works as toothpaste. The toothpaste kills odor creating bacteria and maintains their teeth’ health. Give one treat twice a day for effective results.
- The treat contains alfalfa, vanilla, cinnamon, and clove for fresh breath.
- Free from all kinds of artificial colors, wheat, corn, or soy.
- Don’t give this treat to pregnant dogs or puppies.
- This is called brushless toothpaste, so no hassle for convincing your dog to brush.
- Only suitable for large breed dogs like 40+ pounds.
Purina DentaLife Adult Dental Dog Chew Treats
Purina DentaLife Dental Chews is tested scientifically to check if these are effective. Later, this chew was approved by VOHC. This treat cleans your furballs plaque and tartar from teeth as well as makes fresh breath.
Plus, the delicious chicken flavor of this treat will make your dogs craving for it. It has a porous texture that cleans dog’s teeth in an abrasive way. I gladly inform you that this treat is free from all artificial colors or flavors.
- This treat is available for all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- The eight distinct ridges help to clean their teeth properly.
- It has a porous texture with thousands of air pockets.
- The twisted design of this treatment helps to reach each side of the dog’s gum and mouth.
- It is proven that with regular usage of this chew, the tartar build-up will decrease at an average 57% rate.
Blue Buffalo Dental Chew Dog Treats For Bad Breath
If you are searching for healthy dog treats for bad breath, then here it is. This treat is made with the most natural and very easy to digest for your canine friend. It has healthy ingredients, tasty flavor, and effective results.
As it comes in bone shape, so it’s perfectly ideal for dog treats. This chew makes their teeth white and squeaky clean with fresh breath. Moreover, it is suggested by the vet.
- It has no chicken or poultry, free from corn, soy, or wheat.
- This chew is formulated with natural ingredients, minerals, and vitamins.
- It is suitable for dogs over 50lbs.
- The texture of this treat will help to create fresh breath, healthy gum, and teeth.
Purina DentaLife Mini Dog Treats For Bad Breath
Moving to our next product, again from the Purina DentaLife. This is a triangle-shaped chew that has healthy ingredients to vanish bad breath. Not only bad breath, this treat helps to scrape tartar and plaque from their teeth and gums.
For the triangle texture, when the dog chews this, it reaches all parts of their mouth. This one is formulated with honey and spirulina. These ingredients cover up the bad breath and it tastes great.
- It is free from all artificial colors and flavors.
- As the chew has a chicken flavor, so it is ravishing for the dog’s taste.
- Properly fights against all kinds of bacteria, plaque, or tartar in the dog’s mouth.
- It has 9 distinct ridges that scrub their teeth very well.
- The treats are very small. In one pouch 56 treats are included.
Jack & Pup Odor Free Bully Sticks Dog Treats
Here are another dog treats for bad breath from the Jack & Pup. If you need to take care of your pooch’s bad breath and teeth health, then try this one. This one is made with beef and has the best savoury flavor for your doggo.
The sticks are thick enough and perfect texture to chew for your furry baby. It removes the plaque and tartar from their teeth and ensures a healthy oral system. The chews are 100% digestible.
- This chew treat has 100% beef muscle without any artificial ingredients.
- The cow source is grass-fed and free from antibiotics usage.
- It is certified by USDA Human Grade.
- The sticks are 30% thicker than normal dog treats.
- It promotes dogs’ gum and teeth health as well as keeps your dog happy with tasty treats.
Dingo Healthy Dog Treats For Bad Breath
Made with powerful flavor and naturally healthy ingredients, our last product is from the Dingo. This one is a soft and stick-shaped treat for dogs. The savory chicken flavor will be appealing for dogs that dogs will crave for this treat.
No more running after your dog with a brush and toothpaste because it will work as natural toothpaste for dogs. Gladly informing, all kinds and breeds of dogs will able to consume this chew and digest properly. It reduces plaques and tartars from teeth very effectively.
- This one is the best soft dog treats for bad breath you will find on the market.
- It has fresh parsley seed, which makes the pooch’s breath sweeter and fresher.
- Very easy to chew for all kinds of dogs.
- As it has calcium carbonate, it strengthens dogs’ teeth and cares for oral health.
- One package will include 30 pieces of treats.
Things You Should Know Before Buying
Every pooch parent needs to check several points before buying any kind of stuff for their baby. Bad breath from your dog go may sign any fatal injections, so be careful from the first.
The treats will not only give them fresh sweet breath but also maintain oral health. So as I said, before buying these dog treats for bad breath, you need to look out for some basic features. Those are given below-
For ingredients, look for treats that are healthy and free from all kinds of artificial ingredients. Be careful that it should have high-quality ingredients but will be low fat. The ingredients should able to fight against plaque and tartar.
It will be greater if you can choose one that is certified by VOHC(Veterinary Oral Health Council). You will be satisfied to know that we have some items in our list approved by VOHC.
The size of treats is an important factor. For smaller breeds or puppies, you need to choose treats that are easy to bite and munch. For larger dogs, they need a medium size. Always look for the choking hazard, try to avoid those threats.
Some dogs hate the mint flavor, notice your dog’s taste day by day, and then choose the suitable one for them. Some dog treats for bad breath recipes are easy, so if you want, you can make treats at home too. If your dog hates beef or chicken, then try to give some vegetable flavored treats.
Some chews are soft and some are hard or rough. It should be hard enough to scrub the plaque and tartar from your pooches teeth. Similarly, soft enough not to break or harm your dogs’ teeth. If you can break the treats with your thumbs, then it is perfect for them.
Digestion is very important for these sensitive animals. Their stomach is also sensitive to some food ingredients. Check that if your dog’s chew must be wheat, soy, or corn-free. Otherwise, it will create allergies as well as worst breath.
Maximum chews have instructions to give one piece per day. Don’t fall for puppy eyes, if they beg or nudge you for more treats. It will badly harm their health. Some treats may have different instructions, so read before use.
If your puppy is pregnant, then don’t ever give one to them. Being pregnant, they become more sensitive, so you should be more careful about their food then. Plus, if you have a puppy under six months, don’t use treats for them. These two types are too sensitive to digest any treats.
Recipes For Dog Treats
I have already discussed how do you make homemade dental chews For Dogs? and it’s time for a couple of homemade dog treats for bad breath recipes.
Fruity Frosty Hearts
Mix all the fruits and yogurt together and place them into an ice tray. Place them into the refrigerator and wait until they freeze.
Banana Almond Puppy Treats Recipe
- Unsalted almond butter: 3/4 cup.
- Banana: One third portion.
- Cinnamon: 1 tablespoon.
Take a bowl and put every ingredient together. Preheat your oven and put the mixture into the oven. Bake it for 10 minutes and your treat is done.
We are very long away from the beginning and now you are familiar with some best dog treats for bad breath. Most of the treats have some very common features. All of them are good for your doggy’s dental health. They refresh dogs’ breathing to prevent bad breathing.
There are some treats on the market that are harmful to your dog’s health. Some dogs are not capable of digesting them. No need to worry about these, if you select any of the suggested products. All of them are safe and recommend by qualified veterinarians.
Still, there is something to look for. Before using it for your dog, make sure you read all the instructions. Some dog treats are not for puppies. So, be aware of the limitations.
As all of our products are highly rated and come from renowned brands, you can choose any of them, closing your eyes. But once more, read out the features and try to understand the best of the bests. Thanks for staying with us.